A human can be your enemy, but not a pocket knife. A pocket knife can save you time and life whenever required. Being somewhat different from everyday carry (EDC) knives, pocket knives can do a lot of favor for you on the go. Be it skinning an elk, or cutting a mango, you will find a pocket knife extremely helpful.
However, the market is flooded with average and cheap pocket knives from numerous manufacturers. It is not easy to find out a pocket knife with outstanding quality from the crowd.
But, don’t worry!
We are here not just with pocket knives that are good deals for this year. Rather, we have brought to you some pocket knives that have stood the test of time. You will soon get to know the 10 best pocket knife of all time.
Do you have a hurry? Don’t you have the time to get through the entire review? If yes, we are going to be very straightforward. Just have a look at our top pick: Kershaw Cryo Folding Knife and we hope that you’ll fall in love with it.
Well, if you are not in a hurry and want to see all the outstanding pocket knives, just keep reading!
Table of Contents
- 1 i) Kershaw Cryo Folding Knife
- 2 ii) Kershaw Blur Black Everyday Carry Pocketknife
- 3 iii) SOG EDC Knife – Flash II Folding Knife
- 4 iv) Buck Knives Famous Folding Hunter Knife
- 5 v) Spyderco Delica Ground Folding Knife
- 6 vi) Kershaw Leek Pocket Knife
- 7 vii) Benchmade Reverse Tanto Blade
- 8 viii)Grand Way Folding Pocket Knife
- 9 ix) Benchmade Manual Open Folding Knife
- 10 x) Personalized Engraved Tactical Assisted Pocket Knives
- 11 How To Choose The Best Pocket Knife Of All Time For You?
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 13 Final Words
i) Kershaw Cryo Folding Knife
Being wear and corrosion resistant, Kershaw Cryo Folding Knife is one of the most desirable pocket knives you can own. The stainless steel blade of this knife features edge retention and excellent toughness from the very top to the bottom.
No matter whether you are a hiker or hunter, backpacker or landscaper, you will find this folding knife as a helping hand. Coming with all-steel construction and a matte gray titanium carbo-nitride coating on it, it can be used to stripping wire, cutting zip ties, defending violent animals and so on.
- Flipper with SpeedSafe technology for smooth operation.
- 2.75-inch stainless steel blade with chromium blend for the resistance of rust and corrosion.
- Titanium carbo-nitride coating.
- Torsion bar for moving the blade.
- Safe and secure locking system.
- Very lightweight.
- A hard and sharp blade.
- High-quality stainless steel.
- 4-position convenient pocket clip.
- Great for both right and left-handers.
- Durable handle.
- It can be flipped with one hand.
- The springs may wear out.
ii) Kershaw Blur Black Everyday Carry Pocketknife
This is another Kershaw pocket knife with updated and modern technology. This is designed for those who want to spend a good amount of money for their pocket knives. With Speedsafe Assisted Opening, you can be sure about the ease and safety of one-handed opening of the knife.
It is very easy to keep the knife in your pocket as it has a reversible pocket clip. You are at liberty to choose how you want to position the blade. To make sure that you can carry it discreetly, it sits deep in your pocket.
- Inset Liner Lock in the handle for more strength and durability.
- Trac-Tec for ensuring a good grip.
- The opening is assisted by SpeedSafe.
- Perfect Thumb studs.
- Sandvik 14C28N steel with increased nitrogen to make it free of corrosion.
- DLC blade coating.
- Aluminum handle.
- Wear and corrosion resistant.
- Light and slim blade locking.
- Diamond-like Carbon Coating for ensuring extra hardness.
- Fast and easy deployment.
- Protects the fingers from getting wound.
- It can be flipped just in one hand.
- Eye-catching and unique.
- It does not irritate the hand of the users.
- Tip position or carry side can be changed if necessary.
- A bit large as EDC.
iii) SOG EDC Knife – Flash II Folding Knife
You can rely on SOG Flash II Knife to get the help of its blade as quick as the blink of an eye. With this blazingly fast knife, you can do all your easy cutting at your home, on the working place, any adventure mission or any emergency.
Measuring 4.5 inches in closed length, this knife comes with Assisted Opening technology. This folding knife is versatile by its design and powerful stainless steel blade. Being only 3.1 ounces, a nylon grip which is glass-reinforced has contributed to its stylish materialistic design.
- 3.5 inches of stainless steel blade length.
- AUS-8 steel type is used.
- Assisted Opening technology.
- The handle is made up of Glass-reinforced nylon.
- Partially serrated drop point blade shape.
- Hardcase Black TiNi finish.
- Stainless steel is coated by Titanium Nitride.
- Discreet reversible low carry for keeping your knife the way you want.
- Piston lock to ensure safety in any position.
- Only one hand is enough to open and use.
- Easy to use.
- Very lightweight.
- Solid and single-handed design.
- Replacement and repair orders are entertained.
- The safety switch is poorly positioned.
iv) Buck Knives Famous Folding Hunter Knife
Brought to you by Buck Knives, the Folding Hunter knife has passed 50 years as one of the best-selling knives in America. Standing out the test of time and being made in the USA, this knife comes with a lifetime warranty period.
The 110 Folding Hunter knife combines the amazing locking mechanisms with good looks and strength. After a series of refinement process, this folding hunter knife could be unveiled. Coming with a leather sheath carry system and Lockback mechanism, the knife is perfect for any kind of detail work.
- 3-3/4-inch 420 HC clip blade made of stainless steel.
- Closed length of 4-7/8 inches and 7.2 ounces in weight.
- The Crelican ebony handle is made of Dymondwood.
- Lockback locking mechanism.
- Made in the USA.
- Polished brass bolsters.
- Integrated belt loop.
- Leather sheath for carrying.
- Clip blade with a sharp and controllable point.
- Unconditional lifetime warranty.
- Perfect to perform detail work like piercing in tight places.
- Easy to carry.
- Snap fastener for easy carry.
- It can be carried on your belt quite comfortably.
- A perfect combination of balance and beauty.
- Good for hunting and other general outdoor use.
- Very durable.
- The lock is somewhat stiff.
v) Spyderco Delica Ground Folding Knife
Featuring the VG-10 blades and Back lock locking system, Spyderco Delica 4 is one of the most trending pocket knives. This knife lets you choose from a variety of edge configuration, handle colors and blade grinds.
The full flat grind on the blade helps to reduce drag while you cut. It has also contributed to the lightweight of the knife. With no serrations or teeth, this knife comes with a plain and smooth blade.
- Made in Japan.
- Plain edge knife.
- Blade length of 2.9 inches with a closed length of 4.25 inches.
- Hand-dyed zome handle.
- Resembles artistic Japanese heritage.
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon handle.
- Liners of skeletonized stainless steel.
- Pocket clip with 4-position.
- Not very large or too little.
- Fits well in small and big hands.
- Big hole to ensure easy opening.
- True full flat grind with sharp blades.
- Features pocket clip.
- Handle with good grip texture.
- It can be used to cut fruits and vegetables.
- The pocket clip is fragile.
vi) Kershaw Leek Pocket Knife
Kershaw Leek Pocket Knife is another great contribution to the pocket knife industry. SpeedSafe Assisted Opening, Frame Lock, Reversible pocket clip and other common characteristics of Kershaw knives are present in this model.
Though it weighs only 3 ounces, the work it does is by no way less. Sandvik 14C28N steel with nitrogen blend has made it strong against corrosion. Sharpness, edge stability and a quality handle have taken it to a new level. The lifetime limited warranty proves the quality standard it maintains at the time of manufacturing.
- 3 inches blade length along with 4 inches closed length.
- 410 stainless steel handle made of alloy.
- Frame Lock while open, Tip Lock while closed.
- Opening controlled by SpeedSafe.
- Bead-blasted finish.
- 14C28N Sandwich Stee drop-point blade.
- Very fast to deploy.
- Prevents premature closure.
- It can be flipped in one hand.
- Chromium in the handle along with stainless steel to work against rust and corrosion.
- Easy and less-slippery grip.
- Safe to use as an everyday knife.
- The blade is prone to rust.
vii) Benchmade Reverse Tanto Blade
With a blade length of 3.40″ and thickness of 0.115″, Benchmade – 940-1 Knife is one of the quintessential EDC knives to own. Being slim and stylish, it can perform its best in any situation. It features a carbon fiber handle to keep it as lightweight as possible.
CPM-S90V steel has made it ideal for pretty much everything. The uniform microstructure, superior edge, and versatility have worked together to ensure the highest quality.
- AXIS Locking Mechanism for smooth opening and closure.
- Reverse Tanto Blade.
- Standard Locking Clip.
- Carbon Fiber Handle.
- High-end CPM S90V Steel in construction.
- A weight of 2.44 ounces.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Perfect for backpacking, tackle box, and as a survival kit.
- Easy to carry.
- Comfortable and ultra-lightweight handle.
- Good quality blade.
- Made for outdoors.
- Comes with a great utility.
- Easy to close and open.
- Comes with a manual opening.
viii)Grand Way Folding Pocket Knife
Grand Way 6681 Pocket knife is a perfect and cool item to gift your friends and family on Christmas, anniversaries, birthdays, or thanksgiving. With a 10-year warranty, the manufacturer of this knife lets you rest relaxed.
Coming with a reliable liner lock, the knife features spring assisted opening along with the pocket clip to carry in your pocket easily. The thumb studs are there to make sure that you can use this knife either with the right hand or with the left hand. Be it hunting, self-defense, emergencies, or any indoor and outdoor tasks, you can count on Grand Way 6681 without any hesitation.
- 440C black coated stainless steel.
- Folding spring-assisted opening with pocket clip.
- It can serve as a multipurpose knife.
- Sharp and straight edge.
- Thumb studs for using by both hands.
- Liner Lock.
- Good for hiking, fishing, hunting, emergencies, self-defense and so on.
- 10-year warranty.
- Perfect choice as a gift for any occasions.
- Functions even if the spring breaks.
- Ideal for both the right and left-handers.
- Classic black color handle.
- It is a bit heavy to carry.
ix) Benchmade Manual Open Folding Knife
Designed by Osborne, Benchmade – 940 is another masterpiece made in the USA. Featuring all-around utility, Benchmark – 940 ensures first-rate edge retention. The versatile reverse tanto blade is made to be used in the outdoor to serve any purpose.
With a durable aluminum handle, it is fully ambidextrous and anodized. With a smooth satin grip, it is very comfortable to hold. You can use this knife in any environment and keep it as your EDC or even as a part of your survival kit.
- Made with CPM-S30V Steel.
- 6061-T6 ALUMINUM handle.
- Anodized and ambidextrous.
- AXIS Locking system.
- 3.40″ blade length and 0.115″ blade thickness.
- 2.9 ounces.
- Light Grip.
- Made in the USA.
- Ideal as EDC and multipurpose use.
- A classic tool for years.
- Good customer care with lifetime service.
- It can be closed just by one hand.
- A perfectly centered sharp blade.
- Free carry clip.
- It is expensive to buy.
x) Personalized Engraved Tactical Assisted Pocket Knives
If you are planning to go for a hiking or trip with many friends and looking for a set of 10 pocket knives, you can choose this set of 10 knives sold by Personalized Gift Land. This is an amazing gift item for any occasion including Christmas.
The classic and stylish design with good workability make it usable anywhere you go. Crafted carefully, this item is individually finished to let you feel the personal touch. Can anything be more pleasurable than seeing your name or your friend’s name in the knives you use?
- Customizable personalized pocket knives.
- 3.25″ blade length with 3mm thickness.
- The weight is 5 ounces.
- Burlwood handle along with pocket clip/belt.
- Partially Serrated.
- Assisted Opening technology.
- 1-year warranty.
- Perfect gift item for people of all ages.
- Reliable and stylish.
- Easily customizable as per your need.
- Easily readable engravings.
- The engraved names remain intact for years without any fading.
- A bit pricey.
How To Choose The Best Pocket Knife Of All Time For You?
There are thousands of pocket knife models out there. But, all of them have not stood the test of time. Here, we have tried to talk about the ones that are renowned for years. Choosing the best pocket knife for you is not very easy.
The process needs to compare and contrast the quality of the products after setting your priorities. On top of that, some essential features make a pocket knife great to be used for years. If you do not know the qualities and features a pocket knife should essentially have, you may fail to find the best one for you.
To help you choose the best pocket knife of all time, here we are sharing with you a list of things that you should not neglect at the time of buying a pocket knife:
If you are looking for a pocket knife that stands the test of time, that must feature durability. Durability depends on a variety of factors including the blade and handles materials. It is great if you can manage knives that come with a lifetime warranty. But, if that’s not possible for any reason, go for one that ensures to serve you at least 1 year with the warranty.
Sharpness depends on the quality of the blade. A blunt knife is not something you would like to carry in your pocket, right? The blade is the most important factor to see when you go for buying a pocket knife. A stainless steel blade with any blade coating can serve you well to ensure the sharpness.
Opening and Edge of the Blade:
The opening of the blade differs from models to models. Some come with assisted opening and some with Manual opening. If you want the best deployability, a blade with the assisted opening will need less effort to open just with one hand. It is also quicker to open the blade with assisted opening.
However, the edge of the blade is also an important fact to consider. You should choose the edge of the blade as per your requirement. Some blade comes with a blend of partially serrated edge with the plain one and some only features a plain edge. It is up to you to choose the one you would like.
Secure Locking System:
If your knife does not come with the proper and safe locking system, it is dangerous for you to use that knife. Frame lock, Liner Lock, Axis Lock, and other locking systems will help you securely holding the blade open or closed.
To keep your pocket knife inside your pocket, what can be more important than a perfectly designed pocket clip? Unless a good and sturdy pocket clip to carry the knife in your pocket, there is a chance that you might lose your knife anytime. So, you should find a pocket knife that features a pocket clip.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What is the average price of a pocket knife?
The price mostly depends on the quality and brand value of the knife. A pocket knife price can range from as low as $20 to as high as $150.
Q: Can I use a pocket knife to cut fruits and vegetables?
Yes, in case you need to use your pocket knife to cut fruits or vegetables, you can use that.
Q: Are the pocket knives safe from rust and corrosion?
Most of the pocket knife manufacturers use stainless steel and other materials to keep the blade and the handle away from the corrosion and rust.
We hope that you have now got an idea about the best pocket knife of all time from our reviews. Choose the one you need by following our buying guide and tips.
For any further questions, do not forget to ask us in the comment box! We’ll get to you as soon as we can!