Are you looking for the best inexpensive lawn mower for small yard? If yes, this article is completely written for you. Here we are going to review 7 best inexpensive lawn mower for small yard by filtering out hundreds of ordinary lawn mowers out there.
However, if you are too busy to go through the whole review article, we would suggest you to have a look at GreenWorks Corded Electric Lawn Mower. This is the best of all the lawnmowers we are going to review here for its great efficiency and exquisite features.
Hello? Are you still here? If yes, we are assuming that you want to read the reviews of all the 7 lawnmowers.
Well, let’s move ahead straight to the review.
Table of Contents
- 1 i) GreenWorks Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- 2 ii) Greenworks Cordless Lawn Mower
- 3 iii) EGO Power+ LM2000-S Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower
- 4 iv) Honda 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Gas Mower
- 5 v) Great States Hand Reel Push Lawn Mower
- 6 vi) Sun Joe Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower
- 7 vii) WORX WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower with Mulching Capabilities
- 8 How To Choose The Best Inexpensive Lawn Mower For Small Yards?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 10 Final Words:
i) GreenWorks Corded Electric Lawn Mower
Featuring a 20-inch steel deck and 7-position height adjustment, GreenWorks Corded Electric Lawn Mower lets you clean your lawn as you want.
Coming with a 3-in-1 combination of Mulching, side discharge, and rear bag, it has made the mowing easier like never before. It has a manual drive system with a push-button start. For compact storage, foldable handles are also there.
- Grass Types: Be it 1-½ or 3-3/4 inches of grass, GreenWorks Corded Electric Lawn Mower works within this range of grass height comfortably as you can adjust it in 7 different ways. You can use it effectively to level all types of grass.
- Motor: GreenWorks Corded Electric Lawn Mower is powered by 12 Amp motor.
- Wheel Size: It features 7 inches front wheels and 10-inch read wheels.
- Dimension and Weight: With a dimension of 26.9 x 16.1 x 18 inches, it weighs 65 pounds.
- Durable steel deck.
- Works for all kinds of grass.
- Foldable handles.
- Compact design.
- Variety of adjustment levels.
- Powerful motor.
- The bag is easy to attach and detach.
- It comes with a loud motor sound.
ii) Greenworks Cordless Lawn Mower
If you need a lawnmower run by battery, you can consider buying Greenworks 16-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower. With single lever and 5-position height adjustment, it gives you a good cut in all kinds of environments.
With mulching and rear bagging, you get a 2-in-1 feature for this lawnmower. Along with working for small yards, this 16-inches cutting deck will help you to handle medium size yard as well. However, this lawnmower is not assembled. You have to do it on your own.
- Grass Types: This lawnmower provides a nice even cut for the grass of all types. You can cut 400m2 of grass just in a single charge. By adopting height adjustment, you can cut 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch of grass.
- Power: This unit of lawnmower is powered by 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery.
- Wheel Size: The 6-inch front wheel is backed up by a 7-inch rear wheel for easy movement.
- Dimension and Weight: Being 37.5 pounds in weight, it has got a dimension of 28.5 x 17 x 21.3 inches.
- Good for small and medium-size yard mowing.
- Move easily through the grass of all kinds.
- Gives an even cut as per your settings.
- Easy to push.
- Low noise.
- It covers 400m2 in a single battery charge.
- Battery and charger included with this package.
- The battery does not come with the charge management circuit. So, you have to unplug the charger as soon as the battery gets fully charged.
iii) EGO Power+ LM2000-S Cordless Walk Behind Lawn Mower
EGO Power+ Lawn Mower is one of the powerful mowers among rechargeable ones. No noise, fuss, and fumes, but the performance of gas- is made possible with this 56-volt lithium-ion powered batteries.
With IPX4 water-resistant feature, it also comes with a 3 in 1 function. Featuring a deck of 20 inches and LED headlights, you can perform mowing anytime and anywhere.
- Performance: You can go for mulching, bagging or side discharge with it. It comes with 20 inches cut capacity.
- Power: This unit works with 56-Volt Lithium-ion batteries.
- Water Resistance: To let you stay relaxed about water and humidity, EGO Power+ Lawn Mower comes with IPX4 water-resistance technology.
- Dimension and Weight: Having a dimension of 37.4 x 21.6 x 16.1 inches, it is 56.2 pounds in weight.
- Completely foldable.
- Easy compact storage.
- Good cut capacity.
- Backed with lithium-ion batteries.
- Produces 30% less noise than gas-powered mowers.
- Easy to clean.
- The battery does not last long.
iv) Honda 3-in-1 Self-Propelled Gas Mower
Featuring Mulch, bag or discharge system, Honda HRR216K9VKA Mower can work at a set speed of up to 4 mph. If you buy this unit, you do not need any tools or attachment from outside to cut the grass of your lawn. The GCV160 Engine starts quite easily.
It offers a two-position handle to control it. You can fold it and store it if you wish. With Zone start safety system and foam grip handle, it does not compromise with quality in any way.
- Blades: Micro-cut twin blades ensure that you get an ultra-fine cut. You can adjust the cutting height from 1-1/8″- 4″.
- Power: This unit of mower is powered by gas.
- Wheel Size: Honda HRR216K9VKA comes with 8-inch Ball Bearing Wheels.
- Dimension and Weight: It is a bit heavy. Coming in 84 pounds, it features a dimension of 62 x 38.2 x 23 inches.
- EPA and CARB compliant.
- Good value for the money.
- Twin blades for fine cuts.
- Bushel bag included.
- Auto choke system.
- Easy to start the engine.
- Smart drive with a range of speed variety.
- It does not work great for grass exceeding 3″ height.
v) Great States Hand Reel Push Lawn Mower
Great States 204 Push Lawn Mower is one of the best inexpensive and the simplest mowers we have ever reviewed. It will give you a clean cut every time with its 14″ cutting width.
The T-style handle with a cushioned grip is designed to lessen your effort. As this comes lightweight, you will find comfort in using this simple mower.
What you all need to do is just push gently and it will do the rest. No oil, no gas required for it to work. It is very easy to maintain, and no hassle of complicated tools exist.
- Blades: The blades used here are made of heat-treated alloy steel. You can rely on these for quality. It can quickly cut with an adjustable cutting height of 0.5″-1.75″.
- Power: No gas, oil, battery or anything like this is required. It is just your pushing by hand that makes it work.
- Wheel Size: With 8.5″ Composite wheels, it features 4-blade ball bearing reel.
- Dimension and Weight: When it comes to weight, it is only 2.2 pounds with a dimension of 23 x 8.5 x 13 inches.
- No energy cost.
- Made of high-quality alloy steel blades.
- No noise.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Easy to use and store.
- Adjustable cutting height with a good cutting width.
- Very inexpensive.
- The handle is flimsy.
vi) Sun Joe Brushless Cordless Lawn Mower
Coming with powerful motor and battery, Sun Joe iON16LM Lawn Mower provides offers two cutting options for its users. This unit is just ideal for any small or mid-sized lawns. As it comes at a reasonable price, you do not need to worry about your budget.
To talk about the size adjustment, it has a 6-position height adjustment system that ranges from 1.18 to 3.15 Inch.
The battery of Sun Joe iON16LM uses lithium-ion which is eco-friendly and safe. It helps to keep the environment free from carbon emission.
When it comes to the starts, it just takes a finger to push on a button.
- Power: With its battery, you can get a backup of up to 40 minutes with a single charge.
- Material: Sun Joe iON16LM is made up of ABS plastic which has contributed to making it so lightweight.
- Dimension and Weight: featuring a dimension of 48.4 x 17.7 x 42.9 inches, it weighs 37.3 pounds.
- No gas, oil or pull cords needed.
- Eco-sharp technology.
- Two cutting options.
- Quiet motor.
- Good quality battery.
- ETL approved and Energy Star Certified.
- Comfortable handle.
- Rugged front and read all-terrain wheels.
- Zero carbon emission.
- The blades may get loose after months of use. You have to tighten it manually to avoid injuries.
vii) WORX WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower with Mulching Capabilities
WORX WG779 is another inexpensive product you can consider on your cart list if you have a small yard. Featuring a dual-port charger that lets you know the battery power level as well, this lawnmower gives you a perfect cut.
Foam padded handles will reduce your fatigue at the time of cutting grass. WORX WG779 lets you cut the lawn grass with 3 cutting heights.
- Power: Coming with dual batteries of 20V, it delivers 40V of power in total. With on-demand demand power delivery assisted by patent intellicut technology, the batter for is saved for the time you need it. In a single charge, your battery can mow up to 5500 square feet area.
- Adjustability: It can be used in any season and environment throughout the year.
- Dimension and Weight: With a weight of 35.3 pounds and a dimension of 53 x 14.5 x 39 inches, it is the appropriate lawnmower that you need to buy if you want something inexpensive.
- Patent intellicut technology.
- Comfortable grip.
- Very flexible.
- Ergonomic design.
- Easy to adjust and use.
- Battery level indicators with charger.
- The battery does not last long.
How To Choose The Best Inexpensive Lawn Mower For Small Yards?
You will find lawn mowers of various sizes and prices in the market out there. But, if you are looking for a lawnmower for a small yard and at the same time with a low price, it is not easy to find the best one.
That’s why we have come with 7 best inexpensive lawn mower for small yards for you above. However, no matter whether you buy one of these or from somewhere else, you must make sure that you know the characteristics and feature a good lawnmower should come with. If you do not know what makes a lawnmower good, it is difficult to find a good one.
Here are the aspects that you should scrutinize when you want to buy the finest lawnmower for a small yard within a small budget:
If the blades of your lawn mowers are made of something other than stainless steel, there is a great chance of rust and corrosion that may catch your blades and destroy the efficiency of them. So, try to see if your lawnmower is made up of high-quality stainless steel to ensure durability.
How much grass and area you can cover in a day depends on the power source you are using to mow your lawn. If your lawnmower is powered with gas and electricity, that will cost you a bit but will ensure more work in a day.
If your lawnmower is backed up by batteries, you will get easy portability but will enjoy fewer working hours from it as it needs to be recharged after a certain period of use.
The more adjustable your lawnmower is, the better it is. When you will be mowing, you will need to adjust the cutting length as per the grass length. So, it is always better if your lawnmower features a range of cutting length with easy adjustability.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What kind of lawn mowers are the best?
It depends on your needs. If you have good access to gas and electricity, you can go for one that runs with these. However, with lawn mowers that come with batteries, you will have good portability and comparatively low expense.
Q. What is the best time to buy lawn mowers?
You can buy it anytime. But the best season for buying a lawnmower is early fall which may usually appear in September.
We hope and believe that these 7 best inexpensive lawn mower for small yards reviews along with the buying guide will help you choose the right lawnmower for your lawn within the budget you have.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask in the comment box. We’ll get to you as soon as we can!